Digital Photography and Imaging Project 4

5.6.2023 - 3.7.2023 / Week 10 - Week 14
Tan Jian Xin / 0350784
Digital Photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

Google slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NWwrbZJWx7_VLJM-aIxAE9J-qQtl8KZEkAbTJptk49A/edit#slide=id.g7ade8e347f_0_126

PART 1: IDEA DEVELOPMENT (WEEK 10)


1. Write a biography about yourself

 

INTRO

Something about myself
My name is Tan Jian Xin. I’m 20 this year and I’m a student of Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media. I have one elder sister and one elder brother.

PARAGRAPH 1

Hobby
I like to watch anime, drawing the characters I like, and spend time with my family and friends

PARAGRAPH 2

Passion
I’m not quite sure of my passion yet, but I think it’s related to animation or drawing as I love anime very much. Besides, I have the urge to draw when I saw some images of my favourite character on Pinterest.

SUMMARY

I’m jx (jian xin) who love to watch anime and draw my favourite anime characters. As I don’t really know how to convey my thoughts better, I would like to improve on it more.


PART 1: IDEA DEVELOPMENT (WEEK 10)


2. Write a statement about your work

 

INTRO

My work represents what I like and who I am.

PARAGRAPH 1

I want to express my fantasy world in which I can interact with anime characters 

PARAGRAPH 2

I want people to be confident in what they enjoy doing

SUMMARY

Enjoy every moment of doing what you like.


PART 1: IDEA DEVELOPMENT (WEEK 10)


1. Study and gather all related information about your topic.


MOOD BOARD (3 Poster reference)

 

POSTER 1

POSTER 2

POSTER 3

   

PART 2: DESIGN DIRECTION (WEEK 11)


1. Sketch your mock up poster:

 

SKETCH PROGRESS #1 

SKETCH PROGRESS #2 

  

PART 2: DESIGN DIRECTION (WEEK 11)


1. Create a digital poster based on your sketch


DIGITAL POSTER PROGRESS #1 

DIGITAL POSTER PROGRESS #2 

  

Main subject used in digital poster progress #1
Figure 1.1: Self portrait (Week 11, 24/6/23)

Main subject used in digital poster progress #2
Figure 1.2: Self portrait (Week 12, 24/6/23)

Final poster
After receiving feedback from Mr. Fauzi, he suggested me to go with digital poster progress #2 as  poster #1 seems to be an illustration. 

Figure 1.3: Final poster (Week 13, 26/6/23)

TITLE: A celebration of my unique self

ARTIST STATEMENT: In my artwork, I aim to create a visual dialogue between the viewer and myself, inviting them to reflect on their own journey of self-discovery. 


Final animation
Figure 1.4: Final animation (Week 13, 26/6/23)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Principles Task 1 / Exploration

Design Principles Task 3 / Design

Advanced Typography Task 1 / Exercises