Video and Sound Production Final Project

3.11.2023 - 1.12.2023 / Week 10 - Week 14
Tan Jian Xin / 0350784
Video and Sound Production / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final project / Stop motion


Week 10
Stop motion trial shoot using clay in Taylor's University.

Stop motion trial shoot

Week 11
Then, I created my stop motion proposal as shown below. As Mr. Martin suggested students that would like to take animation as a specialization in the future to complete this task individually instead of 2 people, I took his suggestion and came up with the proposal by myself. I've decided to create a paper cut out stop motion before starting this task as it requires simple supplies such as paper, scissors, and camera. 

Figure 1.1: Proposal for stop motion

Week 12
I created the sketches for my character after deciding on the title of "Disappearing Ronin". Then, as I did not like the title very much, I then changed it to "Shadows of the Silent Ronin".

Figure 2.1: Sketches

Week 13
After that, I cut it out.

Figure 3.1: Paper cut outs
 
As I realized the cut outs are not sufficient, I then created some more after sketching them.

Figure 3.2: Paper cut outs

Then, I started to set my tripod and started shooting with the setting of 16:9 (Wide Screen). After shooting, I then uploaded the images on google drive.

Figure 3.3: Tripod set up

Week 14
As my image was in HEIC format, I have to convert them 5 images once to JPG file.

Figure 4.1: Converting HEIC files to JPG files

Then, I created a new sequence after creating a new project in Adobe Premiere Pro (Pr).

Figure 4.2: New sequence

Then, I imported the file shown below and place it on my timeline.

Figure 4.3: Importing files

After that, I scaled the size of my frame.

Figure 4.4: Scale to frame size

Then, I added the remaining scenes and scaled the size.

Figure 4.5: Scaling remaining scenes

For scene 2, I added constant gain and exponential fade at the beginning and end of the audio as the transition.

Figure 4.6: Audio transitions application

I also added an ambient sound for all of the scenes using different parts of a long audio as taught by Mr. Martin. Besides, I also overlapped them as shown below to make it have a smoother audio transition.

Figure 4.7: Overlapping ambience sound

Then, I added the sound effects and ambience sound for the rest of the scenes with proper speed and transitions.

Figure 4.8: Transitions and sounds

I also added a video transition of dip to black at the beginning and the end of my stop motion as shown below, to ensure there is a smooth opening for the video and it won't seem too abrupt for the viewers.

Figure 4.9: Adding video transition at the beginning and end

After that, I exported my stop motion.

Figure 4.10: Exporting stop motion

Final stop motion
Youtube link: Shadows of the Silent Ronin

Figure 5.1: Shadows of the Silent Ronin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Principles Task 1 / Exploration

Design Principles Task 3 / Design

Intercultural Design Proposal / Field Study / Final Project & Portfolio