Interactive Design Project 2

10.10.2023 - 24.10.2023 / Week 7 - Week 9
Tan Jian Xin / 0350784
Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 2 / Working web page


INSTRUCTIONS
Objective:
 
- Transform your static prototype from Project 1 into a fully functional and interactive web page. You will apply your knowledge of web layout class to create a working website that closely aligns with your original prototype.
- Review your static prototype from Project 1 and analyze its layout, typography, color scheme, and imagery.
- Use HTML and CSS to translate the design elements into code, ensuring a faithful representation of the original prototype.
- Aim for pixel-perfect precision while maintaining responsive design principles to ensure compatibility across different devices and screen sizes.



Based on my prototype, I then start to create a html and css file in Adobe Dreamweaver (Dw) and save it in a new folder, project 2. After typing out all the contents, I realized that the top part (header) is quite easy compared to the other sections.

Figure 1.1: main

Then, my next challenge is that I'm not sure how to create spaces between boxes shown below. 

Figure 1.2: no spacing between boxes

However, I managed to create the spaces by applying margin around the columns.

Figure 1.3: spacing between boxes

Mr. Shamsul suggested me to remove the text background for headings as it will be more consistent and it will be easier for the viewers as it has only 2 colours (pink and blue).

Figure 1.4: contents

Thus, below shows the altered version.

Figure 1.5: altered content heading

For the footer, Mr. Shamsul taught me to make 6 sections of <div></div> to make the footer look as it is shown below. 

Figure 1.6: Figma footer

Then, although I find it very frustrating for the alignments of contact in smaller devices such as iPhone SE, iPhone XR and others, I realized that it's because of the length of my text that caused the alignment shown below.

Figure 1.7: contact at other devices 

Then, I tried to reduce the margin for the first row icons and it works. 

Figure 1.8: Reduced margin

Final: tanjianxin-project2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Principles Task 1 / Exploration

Design Principles Task 3 / Design

Intercultural Design Proposal / Field Study / Final Project & Portfolio